pericles

"Take these men as your example, like them remember that posterity can only be for the free: that freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it." Pericles, 431 BC

Monday 4 November 2013

Notes on Hainford

Since I'm having some trouble tracking down a couple of new leads, I thought I'd post a bit of information I have on one of the memorials I'm looking for: Hainford, Norfolk.

Hainford is the site of the Hookem Cow crash on 14 April 1945. She was a B24, flying out of Horsham St Faith. She has her own website, where you can find loads of information:

Hookem Cow

I have found the gravesites of the boys who died in the crash, and they can be found here:

USAAF burials

And here is a photo, from hookemcow.com, of the memorial at the crash site. I'm trying to track down the location, but have had no joy as yet. A couple of leads, but nothing substantial.



No comments:

Post a Comment