TG 239 178
photos taken 11 December 2013
Frettenham Village History
This memorial, inside the village hall, commemorates the crash of the Belle of Boston. Trevor Hewitt was instrumental in getting this display installed. The cases are made from English Oak from trees in the village, and a village craftsman built them free of charge.
Trevor's grandfather and father pulled the crew from the Belle of Boston, which crashed on Frettenham Common on 8 May 1944 shortly after takeoff. When the memorial was dedicated in 2004 the hall was packed to overflowing.
|Items retrieved from the crash site.|